Sunday, April 24, 2011

Portfolio Assignment Reflection

Going into this project I was not worried about my resume or coverletter, but more concerned with my portfolio. Looking back on my time in Iarc I really did not think that I had any good projects to put in my portfolio. I always felt like I had good ideas but when it would come to the final presentation, I would never get the grade that I believe reflected the hardwork and sleepless nights that went into the project. Nonetheless, I looked into and researced varios layout ideas.

 
In putting together my portfolio, my goal was to make it look like a magazine. I really liked the idea of using magazine layouts as examples for how to organize my pages. As I look back on the feedback that I received, many did not understand what I was trying to do. As a result, the feedback was not that good.

 
But some pointers that I will utilize when I put together another portfolio would be:

 
  • stick to about 2 different layouts. helps the reader to follow easier
  • keep the color coding idea. it helps with separating various projects
  • less text
  • consistant fonts
  • keep the idea of the full page hero shot

No comments: