Sunday, October 28, 2007

Devrouax+Purnell

Based in Washington, DC, this firm has been landscaping the nation's capital for 32 years. Although stationed in DC, this firm has done work across the globe. Their principle "To exceed expectations" has made them one of the leading firms in Washington, DC and surrounding Metropolitan area. They have designed landmark buildings such as the Verizon Center (formerly known as the MCI Center), The Fireman's Building (a place where I used to work), and they are now responsible in bringing baseball back to the nation's capital as they partner with HOK to design the new Nationals baseball stadium. Before I left for school, I had the opportunity to visit this innovative firm.

After surfing their website I was not impressed as what I thought I would be. Although the site offers some interactiveness, there could be much more. Also a change n the gray monotone background would help keep the viewers interest. Now after getting the negative points out the way, the site does offer great organization and a good portfolio. Growing up in the Washington, DC area I found it interesting to see what building they had designed and are now designing.

Overall, I think this site could use an upgrade. Although I enjoyed their work and maybe a I was a little biased because it is my hometown, I was still expecting more. If I had to rank this site it would be a 5. At the end of the day, there was nothing special about this site.

No comments: