Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Shoes...What a Memory

The Assignment: To create a container the either represents or evokes a memory.

My memory: I was involved in a fashion battle my junior year in high school...It was the first time we had ever done anything like this so the odds of winning were slim, but we shocked everyone when we one first place. The theme of our show was the movie Saw 2...We wore punk rock inspired clothing. My outfit consisted of a neon orange tutu like skirt with a black lace top...we covered the top in butterflies...The container I decided to make that represents this event was a stiletto shoe..the shoe will also represent some of my outfit that I wore that night.

Trial and error: Doing this project was very interesting...my first model i used matte board to construct the entire shoe...of course it turned out terrible...after showing it to my teachers to get some ideas on different materials I was instructed to try and use either plastic or foam...I tried the foam and it worked...by doing a total of four interations...This is my best yet...tell me what you think...





No comments: