Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Interior Enviroments Zine







Pictutes from House Beautiful September and August 2007 Issues.

Doing this assignment was a great way to get your design research done...When doing the design research for interior environments, I found out alot by just looking through magazines...One important lesson that I learned from just looking through different pictures is that neutrals are great colors. Although very basic and we tend to not look at them as real colors, they are great colors. In the environments I picked for my zing, they did a great job of using neutrals to create a clean and crisp feel that will always be in style...timeless design. When color was used in these neutral designs, color was used only to accent the room. The color may have been used in pillows or floral arrangements...subtle but great ways to put color in a room without overpowering the room.

When I went to look for rooms with a strong sense of color, I found that these rooms used a single color but different shades and textures of color. I am a person that loves color but is realizing that color is not always needed. Certain items are good items to use to bring color into a room such as curtain and furniture. What I found in the rooms that were dominated with color that most of the time the walls were done with a subtle shade of color or either a white wall.

3 comments:

Zach said...

I really like the pages where its just a giant picture, its simple but nice, let th picture speak for itself

suzanne cabrera said...

I like your ideas about neutrals...I too like color, but occasionally we all need to tone it down a notch and just use it as an accent. This also applies to graphic design...which I see you interpreted through your zine.

Overall you are doing a nice job with your layout. You seem to be understanding the importance of a grid system.

With this said, I wish you would have spent a little more time on your cover and the page with the yellow text box. With a little more effort you could have made these as dynamic as the others.

Also, I wish you would have included more critical analysis. You have some overarching themes, but very little information that specifically applies to the interiors you've included. This would have been nice to see.

Monique N. Farley said...

thanks for the comments...i wasnt to sure what to do with the cover...I did not want to over do it so I kept it simple but next time I will do a little more and i will make the analyasis more in dept...I really did not know how much you wanted or was it supposed to be like a magazine.